Garamond is a group of many Old-style Serif typefaces font designed by Claude Garamond in the 16th century. This font is adapted from a font called D Aetna. Since the rise of popularity in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, many modern revived faces have developed in the Garamond style, Jean Jannon and Robert Granjon were among them. Many fonts have been created based on Gramond’s design. Below is a list of them.
- Adobe Garamond by Robert Slimbach.
- Garamond Premier by Robert Slimbach.
- Stempel Garamond by the Stempel Type Foundry.
- URW++ Garamond No. 8 by URW Type Foundry.
- Granjon by George W. Jones.
- Sabon by Jan Tschichold.
- Berthold Garamond by Günter Gerhard Lange.
- EB Garamond by Georg Duffner.
- ATF Garamond/Garamond No. 3 by Morris Fuller Benton.
- Monotype Garamond by Monotype Imaging Holdings Inc.
- Garamont by Frederic Goudy.
- Simoncini Garamond by the Simoncini company.
- Jannon by František “Franta” Štorm.
Influenced by Garmond’s design, some more fonts were created, but they followed different designs path. They are,
- ITC Garamond by Tony Stan.
- Cormorant by Christian Thalmann.
- Claude Sans by Alan Meeks.
Garamond-style typefaces are popular and often used, particularly for printing body text and books. Garamond was first used for a book titled named “Paraprasis in Elegantiarum Libros Laurentii Vallae”. Its letters have an organic structure that’s why many people used this font to their books and printing works.
Besides, you can use this font in all fields from official work to unofficial work. You can use this font for many designing purposes like banners, posters, titles, business cards, brochures, presentations, and many more.
We request you to download the Monotype – Garamond Regular. Because it is highly developed and adapts to the current era. Free download is available on our website. To download free scroll down to our download font section.
Garamond Font View
|Style||Old style Serif|
|Author||Claude Garamond (Monotype Typography, Inc.)|
|Font Licence||Free for personal use.|
|Type||Monotype – Garamond Regular|
To download the free version of Garamond font hit the download font button below. Commercial use is restricted without a license.
- Monotype Garamond Roman
- Monotype Garamond Alt Italic
- Monotype Garamond Bold
- Monotype Garamond Bold Italic
- Monotype Garamond Italic
- Monotype Garamond WGL Italic
- Monotype Garamond WGL
- Monotype Garamond WGL Bold
- Monotype Garamond WGL Bold Italic
Similar to Garamond Font
- FF Parango
- FF Reminga
This font is only for personal use. To use this font commercially request a quote to its license holder. Click Here to request a quote.
- What type of font is Garamond Font?
Ans: Garamond is a group of many Old-style Serif typefaces font designed by Claude Garamond.
- Is Garamond Font safe to download and use in My PC and MAC?
Ans: Yes, It is 100% safe to download for both PC and MAC.
- Is there any font similar to Garamond Font in Google Fonts?
Ans: Yes, It has. Among Google fonts, Playfair Display font looks like the Garamond
- Is it OK to use this on an online platform?
Ans: Yes, you can use the Garamond Font font on the online platform.
- How to install Garamond Font font in Computer?
Ans: Check PC or Mac instructions link to install Garamond Font on your computer.