What Font does Splatoon use for the logo?
Nintendo used a custom font for its Splatoon logo. It is called Splatoon typeface, and Nintendo owns the copyright to it. But you can download the official Splatoon and Splatoon 2 fonts from the SplatNet 2 app. You can also check them out and download them from us. Just click on the download link below!
Splatoon Font 1
Splatoon Font 2
What is Splatoon?
Nintendo created and released Splatoon, a video game where players shoot from a third-person perspective. It was released for the Wii in May 2015. The game’s standout features include its vibrant and original art style and its Inklings characters. They can transform humanoid and squid forms to swim through ink in their team’s color. Players use this ink to cover territory, remove enemies, and complete objectives.
Here are some key details about Splatoon:
- Gameplay: Splatoon features a single-player story campaign mode as well as several online multiplayer modes. Players control characters called Inklings, who transform between humanoid and squid-like forms. In humanoid form, they can shoot ink with various weapons, while in squid form, they can swim through ink of their own color.
- Story: The Splatoon series takes place in the distant future of our own world, but there are no signs of humans anywhere. The story content in the Splatoon games only gives a piece of the story puzzle, with the majority coming from the Sunken Scrolls and environmental clues. The result is a quite dark tale that spans thousands of years prior to you picking up your first ink pistol and splatting your friends
- Esports: Splatoon has established its own esports tournament circuit in 2018
- Sequels: Splatoon 2 was developed for the Nintendo Switch and takes place approximately two years after the events of the final Splatfest in the first game. Splatoon 3 is released for the Nintendo Switch in 2022
- Music: The music of Splatoon has been described as eclectic and features a mix of genres such as pop, rock, electronic dance music, and hip-hop.
Overall, Splatoon is a popular video game franchise that features unique gameplay mechanics and an interesting post-apocalyptic world inhabited by anthropomorphic marine animals.
Splatoon Similar and Fan-Made Fonts
After some research, we found some fonts similar to Splatoon or inspired by Splatoon. You can check them out below!
Foo font is another font that is similar to Splatoon. It is a bold and heavy typeface created by designer Ray Larabie of Typodermic Fonts.
This font draws inspiration from a Speedball pen lettering guide from the early 20th century. It has a unique and distinctive look that’s perfect for headlines and titles.
This font includes an extended character set and OpenType features such as alternate characters and ligatures, making it versatile for various design applications. The font supports most Latin-based European writing systems, making it ideal for many purposes. The best part is that you can download the Foo font for free, and it’s available for both personal and commercial use. Just make sure to double-check the license terms before using it for commercial projects.
Showcard Gothic Font
Splatoon’s logo design was probably inspired by the Showcard Gothic font. This is a display font. It originated from the showcard models made for lettering artists in the 1920s and 1930s. The bold and condensed font was created for showcard lettering, posters, and other commercial uses. Later, Jim Parkinson redesigned it, and The Font Bureau published it in the 1990s.
This font features heavy lines and a unique design. So, it is perfect for high-impact design applications like headlines, titles, and marketing campaigns.
Inkling v2 Font
Inkling v2 is a font based on one of the Inkling scripts found in Splatoon and Splatoon 2, a video game series by Nintendo. Eli Fessler, who created it by ripping it from the SplatNet 2 app, Eli Fessler is a designer, developer, and artist who works on playful media, experimental video games, alt comix, and more. He has also created other projects related to Splatoon, such as SplatStats and IkaRec.
Diamond Regular Font
We found another font that looks very similar and it is called Diamond Regular font. Its lettering and look have a striking resemblance to the Splatoon font. Jim Parkison designed this font, which Monotype published it. You can also add this font to your collection now! Just click on the download link below.
Splatoon Font Generator
The Splatoon logo uses a custom font created by Nintendo called the Splatoon typeface. Fans can also use fonts in their designs, such as the Foo font, Showcard Gothic font, Inkling v2 font, and Diamond Regular font. These fonts offer a bold and eye-catching style suitable for high-impact design applications. So, Why wait? Download them now and start using them in your projects.